MEDICATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM GOALS
Decrease drug interactions, adverse effects and non-compliance.
- Patient and/or Caregiver will understand the medication regime to further the goal of self-management.
MEDICATION MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Review medication regime (complete listing of all prescribed and over-the-counter medicines found in the home.)
- Reconcile medications for errors, duplication, and future changes.
- Educate patient and caregivers on the proper dosage, frequency, and side effects.
- Assess for drug interactions and intolerance.
- Evaluate therapeutic response to medications.
- Assess the effectiveness of pain management.
- Assist in developing a medication schedule, administration chart, and fill pillboxes to enhance compliance.
- Ensure availability and affordability of medications.
- Provide assistance of Medical Social Worker when needed to assist patient with financial concerns over obtaining prescribed medications.